While roasts can sometimes we deemed a winter food, they are so versatile, easy to make, and yummy for any type of year. If you're like us and live for crockpot cooking, now is a GREAT time to stock up. This recipe comes from Taste of Home.
- 2 Large Onions
- 1/2 lb Fresh Mushrooms
- 1 Beef Roast of your Choosing
- Salt + Pepper to Taste
- 1 Tbs Oil
- 1-1 1/2 Cups Broth or Water
- 3 Gloves of Garlic Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon of each dried basil, marjoram, and thyme
- Minced Fresh Parsley
- Place onions and mushrooms in a 5 or 6 qt slow cooker
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown roast on all sides. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl mix water, tomato paste, garlic, basil, marjoram, and thyme, pour over roast. Cook, covered on low 4-5 hours or until meat is tender (always use a meat thermometer to confirm the doneness).
- Remove roast from slow cooker, tent with foil. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with onion mixture and sprinkle with parsley.